During the developer preview phase, Toshi is running on a testnet (Ropsten-revival), meaning that any mainnet ETH you send to your Toshi wallet address will not appear or be available within the Toshi app. Don't worry, the ETH is not lost, and you'll be able to send it back to your usual wallet in about 5 minutes.
To prepare, make sure you have your Toshi 12-word backup phrase handy. To find it, open Toshi, go to the Me tab and tap
Store backup phrase.
When you've got that safely written down, we can get started:
- Browse to https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-transaction
- Type your 12 words in the box, each separated by a space. Leave
Select HD derivation path, ensure the first option
Please select the address..., click the top address
If everything has been typed in correctly so far, you will find that this address is the one you sent your ETH to, and the
Balance should show the amount you sent (minus Ethereum's transaction fee).
You can then access this address by clicking
- Paste the address you would like to send your ETH to in the
Send Entire Balance
- Scroll down and click
- Double check that the amount and destination address are correct
- If you're sure that everything is correct, click
Yes, I am sure!